PMS Supplement is suitable for:
- Reduces various symptoms associated with pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Helps in maintaining a healthy pain free cycle
- Effectively controls hormonal mood swings
- Effective in alleviating period irregularities & dysmenorrhea
- Managing heavy menstrual bleeding in adolescents
- Beneficial as adjuvant supplement in PMDD (Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder and PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
- Supports and improves overall reproductive health
- Chaste berry extract (Vitex agnus-castus L.) 90 mg and Inositol 300 mg
- PMS supplement contains long standing-time-tested combination of biologically active substances for natural pain relief
- PMS is a completely natural composition made from plant extracts containing phytochemical & phytonutrients such as flavonoids and glycosides
- Vitex agnus-castus regulate hormones that are involved in reproductive cycle
- Research shows that vitex agnus-castus is highly effective for relieving breast tenderness, swelling, cramps, irritability and headache
- Inositol is well established for treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- PMS is totally safe and well tolerated
Active ingredients of PMS Supplement:
VITEX AGNUS CASTUS EXTRACT
- Chaste berry is widely used in Europe as a treatment for PMS symptoms. More than most herbs, chaste berry is frequently called by its Latin names: Vitex or Vitex agnus-castus.
- Chaste berry or Vitex agnus-castus tree is a shrub that is native to the Mediterranean and Central Asia. Chaste tree is a native of the Mediterranean region.
- The shrub has long, finger-shaped leaves, blue-violet flowers, and dark purple berries. The fruit and seed are used to make medicine.
- Vitex agnus-castus is commonly taken by mouth for conditions related to the menstrual cycle such as premenstrual syndrome and a more severe form called premenstrual dysphoric disorder. Vitex agnus-castus seems to affect many hormones that are involved in women’s reproductive cycle.
- The modern use of chaste berry dates back to the 1950s, when the German pharmaceutical firm Madaus Company first produced a standardized extract. This herb has become a standard European treatment for cyclic breast tenderness, a condition related to PMS that is sometimes called cyclic mastitis, cyclic mastalgia, mastodynia, or fibrocystic breast disease. Chaste berry also appears to be useful for general PMS symptoms.
- Chaste berry is believed to work by suppressing the release of prolactin from the pituitary gland. Prolactin is a hormone that naturally rises during pregnancy to stimulate milk production. Inappropriately increased production of prolactin may be a factor in cyclic breast tenderness, as well as other symptoms of PMS. Elevated prolactin levels can also cause a woman’s period to become irregular and even stop. For this reason, chaste berry is sometimes tried when menstruation is irregular, or stops altogether ( amenorrhea).
Vitex agnus-castus for PMS and PMDD:
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder- Research shows that vitex agnus-castus might work about as well as the prescription drug fluoxetine (Prozac) for relieving symptoms of this condition. Vitex agnus-castus seems to be better for physical symptoms like breast tenderness, swelling, and cramps.
- Premenstrual syndrome. Research shows that taking vitex agnus-castus decreases some symptoms, especially breast pain or tenderness, depressed mood or moodiness, anger, and headache
- According to summary of the scientific conclusions reached by the Committee on Herbal Medicinal Products (HMPC) of European Medicines Agency (EMA) Vitex agnus-castus extract is SAFE for most people when taken by mouth appropriately.
- Inositol is a vitamin-like substance. It is found in many plants and animals. It is in small amounts synthesized in the human body. Inositol can be found in many forms (called isomers). The most common forms are myo-inositol and D-chiro-inositol.
- Inositol is considered a safe and effective treatment for polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). It works by increasing insulin sensitivity, which helps to improve ovarian function and reduce hyperandrogenism. It is also shown to reduce the risk of metabolic disease in people with PCOS.
- Inositol is also taken by mouth to prevent complications during pregnancy such as neural tube birth defects (birth defects that involve the brain and spinal cord) and for preventing the side effects of a drug called lithium.
- Inositol balances certain chemicals in the body to possibly help with mental conditions such as panic disorder, depression, and PMDD. It might also help insulin work better.
Inositol for PCOS
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS).Taking particular forms of inositol (D-chiro-inositol or myo-inositol) by mouth seems to lower triglyceride and testosterone levels, modestly decrease blood pressure, and improve the function of the ovaries in overweight or obese women with polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Myo-inositol may be as effective as the prescription drug metformin. Some research also shows that taking the two forms of inositol together improves ovulation better than taking D-chiro-inositol alone. Also, the combination seems to improve blood pressure, blood sugar, and blood insulin levels better than taking myo-inositol alone.