Each soft gelatin capsule of Lovaza contains:
- Fish oil 1000 mg which gives:
= EPA 180 mg
=DHA 120 mg
- Vitamin E 40 IU
- Fish Oil is extracted from the flesh of fish. It is primarily composed of two fatty acids known as Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) and Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) and also contains smaller portions of Alpa-Linolenic Acid (ALA).
- EPA and DHA acids are considered normal constituents of some human tissues, including brain cells, retina, adrenals, and sex organs; all the most active tissues in the body.
- EPA and DHA both omega−3 polyunsaturated fatty acids are vital nutrients and are critical to the functioning of brain and retina of the eyes. They are precursors to eicosanoids and provide an anti-inflammatory effect throughout the body
- EPA and DHA are converted into hormone-like substances called prostaglandins, and they regulate cell activity and healthy cardiovascular function. DHA is a building block of tissue in the brain and retina of the eye. It helps with forming neural transmitters, such as phosphatidylserine, which is important for brain function.
Benefits of Omega-3:
- Cardiovascular Health
- Chronic Fatigue
- Geriatric Issues
- Cognitive Health
- Sensory Impairment
- Muscle Weakness
- Free radical damage
- Eye health and Vision
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Normal brain activity
- Inflammatory issues
- Auto-immune diseases
- Gum And Skin Health
- Helps Lower Triglycerides
- Increases HDL Cholesterol
- Prevents Protein Accumulation
- Acts As A Vasodilators
- Prevents Blood Clot Formation In Vessels
- Improves Memory And Cognition
- Increases Generalized Immunity
- Improves Vision And Eye Health
- Reverse Age Related Health Issues
- Anti-aging Supplement
Adjuvant treatment in secondary prevention after myocardial infarction, in addition to other standard therapy .
Endogenous hypertriglyceridemia as a supplement to diet when dietary measures alone are insufficient to produce an adequate response .
The omega 3 series polyunsaturated fatty acids EPA and DHA are essential fatty acids